Crypto Economy and Blockchain
The crypto economy emerged from the digital currency Bitcoin, rooted in internet and video game culture. It now incorporates many scaled implementations leveraging the underlying technology, called blockchain. Blockchain allows for truth and scarcity of digital objects, which implies a connection between the digital and physical world previously unavailable to technologists. Using this Lego block, entrerpeneurs, incumbents, and technology companies are imagining a world on a new type of decentralized infrastructure, with implications for payments, savings, investments, insurance and identity. Crypto-assets are becoming an alternative asset class where global investors crowdfund highly speculative and risky projects using digital currency.
Crypto Economy Data
- List of Crypto Funds (product page)
- Investment into ICOs and Crypto Funds (Jan 2018)
- Crypto Funds by Strategy (3Q 2017)
- Investment into ICOs relative to venture capital into blockchain and Bitcoin (3Q 2017)
- Investment into ICOs by sector (mid 2017)